By making a Booking and paying a Deposit, you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions set out. The Guest acknowledges and accepted that LJ Hooker Iluka reserves the right to inspect the premises or terminate the agreement immediately if, in the Agents opinion the Guest, has breached any of the conditions set out. Furthermore, any breach which could result in injury or harm to persons and/or the property. Bookings placed via LJ Hooker Iluka may be subject to change or cancellation if found to be in breach of the terms and conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement.
Bookings and General:
- Booking Requirements: 21 Years of Age and produce a valid credit card in the booking name (Visa or MasterCard Debit cards will not be accepted.)
- Check in time: 2pm. Checkout time: 10am.
- To confirm the booking, payment requirements are:
- Bookings made within 30 days of arrival are required to pay 100% of the booking total at the time of booking.
- Bookings made outside 30 days of arrival are required to pay 50% of the booking total within 7 days of booking and the balance (including any security deposits) 30 days prior to arrival.
- If you shorten your stay, the unused portion of your rental is not refundable.
- Failure to vacate by 10am may incur a late checkout fee of $75. Keys must be returned to our office immediately upon vacating the premises.
- Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys/remotes. Lost keys/remotes can incur a $100 replacement fee. Duplicates are not always available. If keys/remotes are lost or broken and there are NO duplicates available, the tenant may be liable for costs involved to gain entry to the premises and ALSO costs to change all the locks.
- Guests requiring a key from the agent after hours will be charged a service/call out fee of $100. If a locksmith is required, the guest will be responsible for the payment of the locksmith account.
- The number of people staying in the property is not to exceed the number stated at time of booking. Overcrowding of any property WILL NOT be tolerated and you will be asked to leave if found doing so, with no refund given. Erecting tents or housing campers or caravans in the Property’s ground is not permitted, furthermore lighting of fires in the yards of Holiday Properties are not permitted.
- LJ Hooker Iluka offers privately owned homes in residential areas for the purposes of family holidays or a relaxing get away. They are not to be used as “party venues“. Noise is to be kept to a minimum between 10pm and 7am. Offensive, loud or anti-social behaviour will result in an immediate cancellation of your stay with no refund. LJ Hooker Iluka reserves the right to refuse any booking request it deems not to be in the best interest of the owners or the property. The following bookings are strictly forbidden: Schoolies, Bucks or Hens parties or parties for any purpose.
- LJ Hooker Iluka Holiday Rentals are strictly for holiday purposes only. LJ Hooker Iluka’s policy is that Holiday properties cannot be used to temporarily accommodate persons looking to secure a permanent rental.
- Pets are strictly prohibited at the majority of our properties. For pet friendly properties, all pets are to be kept strictly outside.
- All bookings are taken in good faith by our agency and our staff have taken great care to describe the property to the best of their knowledge. Properties are furnished to the individual property owner’s taste and style. The agent takes no responsibility for the unmet expectation of guests, or any changes made by the owner to the furnishings and equipment as seen or inferred in any advertising media.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to read the booking confirmation. By confirming the booking the guests are agreeing that they have read the booking terms and conditions and that the booking details are correct.
- If the holiday property is listed for sale, this booking is accepted with the current owner at the time. In the event of the sale and the ownership changes, we cannot guarantee the property will continue to be used for holiday letting by the new owner. Should the owner change the properties usage for any reason, we will notify you immediately if the property has sold and make every endeavour to find you alternate accommodation or offer a full refund.
- Every effort has been made to maintain the accuracy of the stated prices however LJ Hooker Iluka reserves the right to correct changes and adjust the prices from time to time, and errors may occur. You will be advised of any adjustments to prices when a booking is confirmed. Rules may exist at different times, that dictate the minimum number of days for a particular rate to apply, or that require arrival on a particular day of the week with weekly bookings etc.
- The Agent endeavours to have any repairs to appliances attended to as soon as possible. However due to unforeseen circumstances e.g. having to order parts or non-availability of tradespeople, immediate repairs may not be possible. No responsibility is accepted by the agent for these unforeseen circumstances. There will be no refunds or discounts deducted from tariffs for unusable appliances awaiting repairs.
- We or our trade’s people reserve the right to enter the property at any time to investigate or undertake any repairs or complaints.
- In the event of any construction work being carried out near the holiday premises, such work is beyond our control.
- Our agency takes no responsibility for recovery of personal items left at the property. Items left at the property will not be automatically returned. Please contact our office if you feel you may have left something behind. These items will be held in our office for collection for no longer than 2 weeks. Items will only be returned upon receipt of payment for postage. Unclaimed items will be donated to local charity.
- If there are any unresolved issues or incidences including but not limited to bond claims, noise disturbances or damage done to a property you will be listed on the “Bad Books” database, which third party agencies are able to access.
High Season Bookings:
- Bookings made outside 180 days of arrival are required to pay 50% of the booking total 180 days prior to arrival and the balance (including any security deposits) to be paid 30 days prior to arrival. Bookings made within 180 days of arrival are required to pay 50% deposit within 7 days of booking and the balance (including any security deposits) to be paid 30 days prior to arrival.
- If your booking is cancelled 30 days or more prior to your arrival a $150 cancellation fee applies. Any monies held in excess of this amount will be refunded to you. If the booking is cancelled within 30 days of your arrival date, any refund will be subject to LJ Hooker Iluka re-booking the premises for the same period as your booking. Upon re-booking a refund less the $150 cancellation fee will apply. If LJ Hooker Iluka are unable to re-book the property, no refund will be given.
- All bookings are arranged for the dates as shown on your confirmation letter/email and are taken in good faith by our agency. Booking dates may be subject to change, as we may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking. We cannot accept responsibility for the actions taken by the owner of the premises. LJ Hooker Iluka reserves the right to cancel any booking should we be instructed to by the owner. In this event, our agency will notify you as soon as possible and endeavour to arrange alternative accommodation or refund monies paid.
- During this time of COVID-19, LJ Hooker Iluka’s standard cancellation policy remains applicable as booking during a pandemic and the disruption to travel that can occur from it is no longer unforeseen or unexpected.
- Bookings will not be exempt due to COVID-19 related circumstances. COVID-19 related circumstances include: transportation disruptions and cancellations; travel advisories and restrictions; health advisories and quarantines; changes to applicable law; and other government mandates such as evacuation orders, and border closures. In these situations, LJ Hooker Iluka standard cancellation policy will apply as usual.
- Our cancellation policy is that any booking cancelled within 30 days of arrival will NOT receive a refund. Bookings cancelled outside 30 days of arrival will only incur a $150 cancellation fee.
- By confirming this booking you acknowledge you understand your personal obligation to abide by NSW Covid-19 Health Orders.
- For further clarification please contact us on 02 6646 6321
- It is the guest’s responsibility to contact the agent to rebook a property.
- The Guests who book during peak periods have first preference for the same property and dates for the following year. For returning bookings over the Christmas school holiday period, guests must rebook before their current booking’s departure date. If the property is not rebooked by the guest’s departure the property will be made available to other bookings.
- If you have not received an email confirming your booking, please contact the office immediately.
Credit Card Payments:
- A payment processing fee applies to credit card payments (subject to change in accordance with financial institutions and relevant laws).
The current rate is: MasterCard/Visa – 1.85% (including GST)
- When paying your booking deposit via credit card you are authorising for LJ Hooker Iluka to automatically charge the balance of your booking on the due date if we have not already received payment
Credit Card Tokenisation Terms:
- Paying online with a Credit Card is the most secure way to book with LJ Hooker Iluka. From the moment your payment information is entered, LJ Hooker Iluka protects your credit card details and associated personal information using encryption and advanced patented tokenisation via our Gateway. Credit Card tokenisation allows guest card information to be stored as per LJ Hooker Iluka’s Terms and Conditions
Bonds and Cleaning:
- We require upon check-in a copy of your credit card information (VISA/MasterCard) to be held as a security. If a credit card is unable to be provided, a $300 cash bond will be held in trust. Properties will be inspected upon departure. Our office will advise you as soon as possible if there is a claim. For cash bonds an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) will be made into your nominated bank account within 7 days of the property being inspected. Claims against your security bond may include but not be limited to the following: excess cleaning, damages or breakages at the property, excess garbage removal, missing items and pet damage.
- If there are any issue with the cleanliness of the property, please report this to our agency within an hour of arrival in order for the office to rectify the problem immediately.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any holiday property. If our cleaners have reason to believe that smoking has occurred during your stay you may be liable for additional cleaning and laundering costs of all carpet, furnishings and window coverings.
- Guests are required leave the property tidy. It is the guests’ responsibility to ensure that; the BBQ is cleaned after each use, complete all washing up, empty the dishwasher, put dishes away, put garbage out and remove excess recycling/ rubbish from the property.
- Failure to comply with these obligations will result in the following cleaning charges being deducted from the guests bond: (Please note that all credit card transactions do incur a 1.85% surcharge)
- Excesses cleaning (soiled upholstery, drapes, doonas/pillows, food marks on floor, walls and appliance/BBQ’s and dog droppings) you will be charged an excess cleaning fee of a minimum of $35. If carpets/rugs require professional cleaning you will be charged a minimum of $100)
- Failure to clean the BBQ after each use and before departure ($50 Cleaning Fee)
- Failure to complete all washing up and empty the dish washer ($35 Cleaning fee)
- Failure to remove excess rubbish and recycling ($35 disposal fee)
- If there are any issues with the cleanliness of the property, please report this to our agency within an hour of arrival in order for our office to rectify the problem immediately
- LJ Hooker Iluka reserves the right to charge the nominated credit card in matters involving the Security Bond for incidents which result in certain losses or expenses, including but not limited to:
- Excess Cleaning ($35/hr)
- Removal of excess garbage, boxes, bottles etc. ($35)
- Damages/ breakages to the property (at cost)
- Telephone/Internet Charges (at cost)
- Late Departure/Key Return beyond approved arrival and departure times ($75)
- Unauthorised pets at the property (excess cleaning $35/hr)
- Replacement of lost keys, remote controls ($100)
- Cleaning fee for unclean BBQs ($50)
- After hours key lock out or security after hours call out ($100)
- Strict No Party Policy (at cost)
- Any other incidental charges that may be incurred as per our Terms and Conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement.
Pet Friendly Properties:
- Guests are responsible for the removal of all pet droppings from the grounds and to repair/ refill any holes if necessary. Additional cleaning charges from your bond will be charged if the pet is found to have been inside the premises. If fleas are found to be present after your stay, the cost to have a flea spray carried out will be deducted from your bond.
- The guest agrees to control the pet in such a manner so as not to affect the sanitary conditions, safety or the quiet enjoyment of other residents.
- The guest understands and agrees that it will be their responsibility to pay for any damage to the property including exterior, lawns and gardens, that is caused by the pet(s).
- LJ Hooker Iluka will not be held responsible for the safety of your pet during your stay.
Short-Term Rental Accomodation (STRA):
- Please view the Code of Conduct for the Short-Term Rental Accommodation Industry via the NSW Fair Trading website: https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/925788/Code-of-Conduct-for-the-Short-term-Rental-Accommodation-Industry.pdf
In the event of an incident please contact 0402 247 841 to report the issue or damage to the property.
Bookings placed via LJ Hooker Iluka may be subject to change or cancellation if found to be in breach of the terms and conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement.